Sunday 23 January 2011

PR Internship

Had a couple of weeks before semester 2 starts so I've been busy finding work placements for fashion week and the summer. So excited that i start helping fashion designer Eun Jeong with the PR in the run up to and during LFW. Watch a preview of Eun's SS 11 collection below.....

Designer name: Eun Jeong

Origin: Korea

Career highlights: “There are many: winning Fashion Fringe 2008; working as a part-time tutor on the Fashion Design course at Kent Institute; developing my own label ‘1st element by hong eun jeong’; designing uniforms for Hyundai Department store staff in Korea; illustrating for an international textile magazine.
I designed three collections in Seoul, Korea and became a manager of the overseas business department at D.S Textile in UK at the same time as running my own label in the UK.

Design background:
Eun graduated from Kent Institute with a BA and then completed her MA at Central Saint Martins. She was manager of the Overseas Business Department at D.S. Textile in the UK.

What are your design signatures? “Draping and tailoring.”

How would you describe the Eun Jeong woman? “She isn’t shy. She looks and feels proud of herself because her clothes are unique.”

What's new for you this season? “I’m using digital print for the first time. I have finally achieved the perfect print through a process of trial and error. I am really looking forward to showing the new collection with this new direction.”

Where do you go in London to seek ideas for a forthcoming collection? “London is such an inspirational city, I'm not sure where to start! The V&A is a fantastic place to seek inspiration - I honestly learn something new every time I visit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment